Dr. Dot USMLE Step 2 CK 2019 Experience – 247
Experience ck march 2019:
I am writing this just coz the ck prep process is a total pain and i was pretty lost during it.
Donot waste time with mtb etc.
Get straight to uworld with a supplementation from online med ed videos.
Ome is good for a foundation and you can build it up further after.
I did try to print the uworld notes and try to do it along with uworld, but i personally found it too time consuming and a waste really.
The main exam is almost entirely like uworld and i would suggest doing it on depth, focusing also on the wrong options.
I didn’t use cms coz i had time restraints.
1. Nbme 6 211, taken in november
2. Uwsa1 247, taken two to three weeks later
4. Nbme 7 222, taken in january end
4. Uwsa2 253, takena week before my exam
5. Real deal march end , 247.
I didnot have an ideal situation, as i had to give my cs in between, as well as do an observership while prepping for ck.
My top tips
1. Do uworld quickly and try to revise
2. While doing uworld, make ur own version of first aid, i.e. tables for next best step, best diagnostic step, firat treatment, beat treatment for diseases or screening protocols or risk factors for diseases.
I made a notebook and kept writing all these in different sections to allow a quicker look through
3. Do nbmes only for a larger no. Of qs and not as an assessment. It really brought my morale down.
4.make sure you make flash cards while using uworld of any images in derma, radio, ecgs etc to allow you to do a quick revision before the exam
5. DONOT FORSAKE FIRST AID FOR STEP ONE.it continues to be gold even for this exam and really saved me when i was in abad spot.
6. While doing systems, try to make a rapid review of the radiological or histological findings, for example, what findings might be expected in a lung disease or what ecg findings might be seen in various cardiac conditions.
I think thats all, im open to questions. Best of luck and stay motivated all.. peace!